When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Prior to providing a review, refer to a product’s documentation to ensure that unit is being used and maintained properly
- Alluding to issues incurred in the wake of negligent maintenance or improper use will void review submissions
- Focus on your experience with the product and its features
- Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
- Reviews submitted for products other than those listed will be rejected immediately
- Any product reviews referencing independent authorized dealers, service providers, or retailers by name will NOT be posted. (Dealer reviews can be provided here)
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, product serial numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
Enjoy writing your review!
Rated 1 out of
I used the pump for about 3-4 hours, and a seal went bad between the engine and pump mechanism. I've looked all over for parts availability and there are no sources for parts, not even a parts list that I can find. I guess I'll tear it apart anyway and hope that the seal relatively standard and available through another source. If not, the pump is worthless, and what I could very easily fix myself for a nominal cost may as well be thrown into the trash. I do not recommend this product.
Date published: 2018-10-08
Rated 4 out of
Just purchased the CW 10k and used today. The pump was easy to get started out of the box and everything was supplied to get running, obviously without fuel.
Pump started and ran without any problems.
Shortly after starting I noticed a small leak in the fuel tank at the fuel tank connecting bolts at the rear of the engine.
I called the service center and they were very attentive and referred me to a authorized repair agent.
Not what I wanted to hear. I don’t want anyone to work on my equipment or verify there is a problem. I can do that and prefer to do that myself.
I have purchased many other outdoor power equipment items had very few problems but when I did have a problem the other manufactures instantly provided me with replacement parts.
Not likely I’ll purchase a Generac product again.
Date published: 2018-09-22
Rated 3 out of
I’ve had 2of these. First unit recoiler broke within first six pulls. 2nd unit lasted about 50 tank fill ups and then same recoil failure. The plastic part breaks. This one I’ll contact C’s and see if Part is available.
Date published: 2018-09-02
Rated 5 out of
It it the greatest little machine that we invested in.
Date published: 2018-08-23
Rated 2 out of
Pump lasted 3 weeks
Pump lasted 3 weeks before loosing 2/3 of its power. After talking with Generac I now have to run it for repairs and hope it’s covered. I’ll post an update on how I’m treated.
Date published: 2018-08-07
Rated 4 out of
Great pump for the job. Seems well built, no issues
Date published: 2018-06-19
Rated 2 out of
Nice Pump with a Fatal Flaw
It seems to be a nice pump but the 1" hose barb or the suction hose is undersized, it leaks, and you only suck air. It failed out of the box to pull any water. I then lined the barb of the hose connector with silicone caulk and and double clamped it. It worked like a charm, for a couple of weeks. It should only be a $2 part but Generac failed to provide one that worked. If you can't create a vacuum none of the other features are worth anything. I'm now searching the net for a better option for the suction end to make the product usable. Don't buy it without buying a good suction hose.
Date published: 2018-06-15
Rated 1 out of
its like a bic lighter
It is just like a BIC lighter. When it stops working you just throw it away. Parts are almost impossible to find and they cost as much as the whole unit cost brand new.
Very poorly made, cheap parts. Save your money or spend more. This unknit is a waste of your time.
Date published: 2018-04-22
CW10K-6917 is rated