When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Prior to providing a review, refer to a product’s documentation to ensure that unit is being used and maintained properly
- Alluding to issues incurred in the wake of negligent maintenance or improper use will void review submissions
- Focus on your experience with the product and its features
- Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
- Reviews submitted for products other than those listed will be rejected immediately
- Any product reviews referencing independent authorized dealers, service providers, or retailers by name will NOT be posted. (Dealer reviews can be provided here)
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, product serial numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
Enjoy writing your review!
Rated 5 out of
This pump did the job we needed it to do
We were caught in the recent flooding in Wisconsin and had quite a bit of water in our basement. We went to the store, purchased this pump and within one hour all of the water was pumped out of the basement. Round 2 of the storm brought more water into the basement. Again the pump did a great job in getting the water out very quickly.
Date published: 2018-09-01
Rated 4 out of
Good pump but...
I feel that these are well made pumps and they do a good job. However, we have experienced one issue with them. We have recently bought 4 of these pumps from a local BIgBox store to assist in the watering of wildlife food plots. 2 of the pumps run great - easy operation. With the other two pumps we experienced the exact same issue. After running the pumps several times - running well over 50,000 gallons of water through them, the recoils froze up. We pulled off the recoils and they were working fine. So we tried to turn the crank shaft thinking the motor seized up. It didn't budge. Then we pulled the pump housing off, tried to turn that and it would go backwards but when we spun it back in the correct direction, it hit a "block" of some kind and it stopped right there. So we decided to really apply a lot of pressure to it to get it to turn and finally it broke free. we put them back together and they have been working fine. Not sure what caused it to freeze up either but when this happens in 50% of these, it is a glitch that has to be looked into by Generac and fixed. We are still not sure if the cause of the "freeze up" was in the motor or the pump. Good thing we know our way around pumps, otherwise, these would have been returned to the store we bought them from.
Date published: 2018-08-08
Rated 3 out of
3 days past 1 year and pump casing broke.
The pump is a good pump while it is working. I used it to fill my pool. But I put 4000 gallons of water through it this year. 3 days past the one year warranty and when I hooked up to the last load of water the aluminum pump housing broke open.
Date published: 2018-05-28
Rated 5 out of
Very good product, easy start, gas cut off, run quit, works very well. Yes we would purchase this product again.
Date published: 2017-01-29
CW20-6918 is rated